Roman Forum

Roman Forum

Friday, January 7, 2011

First Day in Roma!

Well, we made it to Rome! All those months back in studio patiently waiting for this day. Rome is everything I imagined and more. From the small bars serving cafe and Danish to the unbelievable architecture everywhere you look, the feeling of being in this city is hard to describe. All these years, we have looked at slide after slide, picture after picture, however nothing does a justice to the architecture than standing next to 2000 year old columns made of solid granite. Columns that were brought in from Egypt during the time of Christ. It gives you chills to stand in such a remarkable wonder. I cannot wait to see what the next four months have in store and remarkable architecture we will witness. I am looking forward to my first Italian coffee first thing tomorrow morning!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to document your trip this way, Andrew. I look forward - and anticipate - your trips, experiences, thoughts, insights, and work you do all inspired by Rome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me so happy! I am glad you're surrounded by so much beauty :)

    ReplyDelete